MANGOES FOR YOUR SKIN? The many benefits of mango for good skin health.
Remember relishing the juicy, pulpy mangoes as kids during summers? Mango will always be in my best memories for its toothsome quality. But did you know that the ‘King of Fruits’ has a lot more to offer to your skin health?
Belonging to the genus Mangifera (mango scientific name is Mangifera indica), a mango contains oodles of vitamins and minerals like vitamin A, C, E, potassium and calcium.
No doubt you’ve used cocoa butter or shea butter at some point, maybe for stretch marks or to relieve super dry skin. They’re both staples in the skin care world.
But there’s a new butter that’s making a name for itself in the natural skin care world – mango seed butter. The mango seed can be formed into a powder, oil, or butter, depending on how it’s processed. Typically, the butter is cold-pressed from the seeds, and is said to be similar to cocoa and shea butters, in that it’s moisturizing without being greasy.
Mango Seed Butter Skin Benefits
In skin care, we flock to mango butter for its moisturizing essential fatty acids. It’s rich in oleic acid, a mono-unsaturated omega-9 acid; and stearic acid, a saturated fatty acid. These are ingredients that the skin readily recognizes, takes up, and uses to help add moisture to the skin and tightens and firms.
Here are some of the other ways mango benefits skin:
- Treats dry skin: Dry patches, flakiness, and even sensitive skin can benefit from daily application of mango butter, which goes to work deeply moisturizing. Oh, and don’t forget your lips—mango butter works great as a lip balm, like this organic and all natural red cinnamon lip balm.
- Soothes: Mango butter helps soothe skin.
- Plumps the skin: Because it’s rich in vitamin C, mango butter can help encourage a more plump and tighter look. It also promotes a firmer appearance on skin.
- Natural source of vitamin A: Vitamin A is one of the natural ingredients that encourages a revitalized, glowing look. Since mango butter is a natural source of vitamin A, it helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and increasing skin’s overall youthful look.
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles: Mango butter provides a more lasting type of moisturization, which can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles down the line.
- Calms insect bites and poison ivy: If you got bitten or were exposed to poison ivy on your last outing, reach for your mango butter. Its properties can help calm the itching and stinging so your skin can relax.
To add to the above, mango seed butter is extremely gentle on skin, perfectly suited for sensitive skin.
Now, what if you could get all of these benefits in your makeup products too? Wouldn’t it be great if your lipstick or crème blush or highlighter had mango butter in it? Ruby’s Organics gets just the right kind of products for you where your skin enjoys the indulgence of mango seed butter with other natural ingredients. We suggest you give it a try here.
Words by Kirtika Bhiyani
For Ruby’s Organics